Busking through

Thursday 7 July 2016

Places to busk

I  couldn’t  believe  it , there  it  was , U.V.F , sprayed  up  there  with  the  rest  of  it . Where  the  fuck  was  I .


                                          Cartagena

Not  pretty , not  ugly  and  not  a  backpackers  place . Not  big  not  small  and  not  a  lot  of  busking  going  on  either . Well  theres  some  but  not  much , you  could  nearly  do  without  pitching  here .
Cartagena  is  certainly  a  navy  town  boasting  Spain's  first  naval  military  base  and  it  also  credits  the  invention  of  the  first  torpedo  powered  submarine .
I  did  a  pitch  on  the  calle Florentin , one  of  the  centre  cut off’s . I  made  a  few  tips , an  old  lady  offered  me  half  a  packet  of  biscuits . That  happens  when  people  are  unfamiliar  with  what  you  are  doing .
There  was  something  else  I  had  to  do  while  I  was  here , well  this  is  a  navy  town  and  I  knew  the score . Sailors  bars  can  be  rough , but  theirs  plenty  of  loose  woman  there .
I  ended  up  with  a  middle aged  fatty  still  on  her  moons . That  didn't  bother  me , man  I  was  really  thirsty  and  I  was  tired  of  bashing  my  bishop . We  took  a  night bus  to  the  other  side  of  Cartagena , indeed  a  Spanish  housing  estate , believe  it , it’s  not  all  villas  and  beach  apartments  here . Bad  graffiti  and  burnt  out  stolen  cars  blocked  the  entrance .  A  Manchester  no go  area , only  warmer , just  that . I  did  it  once  at  night , I  did  it  again  in  the  morning , blood ´n`all . What’s  the  difference  it  saved  me  a  magazine , of  which  can  be  pretty  expensive , I  got  a  place  to  stay  too .
Outside  it  was  an  ugly  grey  day  maybe  reflecting  my  dry  mouth , bad  nerves , deep  regret  and  blood  stained  trousers . I  was  indeed  greeted  with  hostile  stares  from  dark  skinned , hard  looking  types , some  were  young  some  were  a  bit older .
They  asked  me  where  I  was  going  and  what  I  was  doing . After  I  told  them  I  didn't  have  any  money  and  with  the  help  of  my  Am harmonica  I  then musically  described  to  them  what  I  was  planning  on  doing . I  had  to  improvise , I  may as well go  down  with  a  blues  note  or  two , not  just  with my  blood  stained  trousers . They only  laughed  and  wished  me  the  best  though .

No comments:

Post a Comment